I have always been consistent with you. You have NEVER had to question my love for you. When you make mistakes I am always forgiving and I give you encouragement. I talk to you directly, I left you scriptures to guide you and I send you messages through other people. I supply you with ALL of your needs and the majority of your wants. Yet, you are still “sometimed” with me. You knowingly and willingly disobey my commandments and you use me because you know that my love knows no limits for you. Daughter, I don’t like this one-sided relationship. My heart is yearning for your love, completely and unconditionally. As a matter of fact, when I was questioned by the Pharisees as to “Which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” I told them, “Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.” (Matthew 22:36-38 KJV)
You tell me you love me and you tell other people you love me but LOVE is an action word. Daughter, you wouldn’t run in and out of my life appearing “holier than thou art” on Sunday and wasted on Wednesday. Is this how you treat someone you love? I don’t require perfection from you; but I do require authentic unconditional agape love. Maybe the problem is you think you do, but you really don’t know how to love me. This is not exhaustive; however, if you loved me you would:
- Love and Believe in Jesus- For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. (John 16:27 KJV)
- Be Obedient – If ye love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15 KJV)
- Put me First – He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:37 KJV) …Love not the world neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (I John 2:15 KJV)
- Be a Witness – Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. (II Corinthians 5:11, 13-15 NIV)
- Have Faith In Me- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Proverbs 3:5 KJV)
- Love each other – If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. (I John 4:20-21 KJV)
Please forgive Your daughter for her some-timed ways. I’m sorry that I haven’t paid more attention to what it means to show love to You. To paraphrase Musiq Soulchild “God our relationship is suffering trying to give You what I thought I knew. You say I don’t know how to love You God, well I say show me the way. I’m trying desperately God. Teach me how to love. Show me the way to surrender my heart. God I’m lost. How can I get my emotions involved? Teach me how to love.” Lord, teach me how to love like You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
Ladies, I EMPOWER you to examine yourselves and determine if you are showing your love for God according to His word. How is your love measuring up? Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Can others see your love for God through your actions? Ladies, I EMPOWER you to never let your love for God be questionable. Remember, God loved you so much that He gave up His only son so that you can have everlasting life.
Listen to my favorite song by the Gap Band and allow it to minister to you as it did me when God showed me I was “running in and out of His life.”
Ms. Chancee` Lundy currently resides in Atlanta, GA and is an entrepreneur as she is the co-owner of Nspiregreen, LLC an environmental consulting firm. She is also a dedicated daughter, sister, friend, community servant, and child of God. She is passionate about causes that truly uplift the community. This week she is leaning on Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want.
P.S. As a bonus, you can listen to Music Soulchild’s “Teach Me How To Love” by clicking here.