I was watching a television program in which a man stated, “Nothing is forever.” Immediately my soul felt vexed. My heart sank, I felt sad, and hopeless all in that one moment when I heard and replayed his comment in my mind. My heart went out to him because immediately I wanted to share with him, “SALVATION IS!!”
Where would I be if Jesus’ salvation were only for a short while? What if His hedge of protection was only for a moment? I would be lost, battered, and dead! I can’t even fathom this. Before I found God and gave my life to Jesus my clock was ticking. When I gave my life to Jesus, the clock stopped. I realized I was going to remain His FOREVER!
I wish I could stand on the roof top and yell, “Salvation is free and forever!” When you decide that you want Jesus to enter into your life and that you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, was raised from the dead, and sits with God in preparation to return, you are saved forever! (See Romans 10:9-10) The bible says a few things that reassure me of this:
- John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” Everlasting is forever!
- 1 John 1:9 KJV: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” All is forever!
- John 8:36 NIV: “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” Shall is forever!
- Titus 3:5 and 7 “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy…[ ] so that having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.”Eternal is forever!
- Romans 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. THIS is forever!
I am thankful that salvation is forever. Lord, please teach me how to remain in your path so that I may be directed by You. Please keep me near You so that I may learn that things and man may fade away, but Your love is FOREVER! In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Ladies, “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 NIV. I EMPOWER you to remember, God’s love and His salvation are FOREVER. “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” Romans 3:23-24 NIV. If you find yourself at the bottom due to sin you jumped into, please understand that the Holy Spirit, although grieved, is there to help you get it together and rise out of it. Because of Jesus, we are presented faultless to God. God’s love and salvation are FOREVER!
In a world where everything seems to have an end, how do you convince others that God’s love and salvation really is FOREVER?
Read A Related EmpowerMoment: Tick Tock
As a professional, Mrs. Khalilah Burton is a College Biology Instructor. She is also currently pursuing a Doctorate of Education in Higher Ed and Community College Leadership. Khalilah is passionate about her faith journey and uses this key scripture as her inspiration: “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31 KJV) She and her husband serve as Co-Service leaders and Co-Group leaders of SustainedLove, which supports marriage get-a-ways from Family Life. Khalilah also serves as a guest speaker and panelist for various events for women and Christian empowerment. Khalilah resides in Millbrook, Alabama with her wonderful husband Donald Burton, Jr. and their two daughters. They attend Vaughn Forest Church. Check out Khalilah’s Christian weight loss blog here.