I know someone is reading this EmpowerMoment has been praying for supernatural blessings and answers from God. What I have learned about prayer is we need to be very careful and specific about whatever we ask God for.
God answers our prayers when He feels its time and based on what is in line with His will for us. Often times He blesses us unexpectedly and we are in fact not ready. When God decides that it is your time or your prayer is answered, you need to ask yourself, “Am I ready?”
I recently went back and read some of my EmpowerMoments from last summer and I realized that I was broken, torn and hurt but I know what God can do! Last summer I took my relationship with my God to another level because no one could give me the answers I needed or wanted to hear. I stayed in the presence of God and I remember continuing to pray about my residency and my employment. I begin to pray and believe that in a year my marriage would be healed, my address would be different (specific area I wanted to live in was petitioned to God), and I would be ready to advance in my career. As the summer began, I changed my prayer. The closer I got to what I had asked God for I begin to change my words. Because God looks at the heart, He knew which prayer was sincere and which prayer was displaying that I wasn’t ready. I realized that I changed because I wasn’t ready for everything I asked God for. If God had listened to me and not been the author and finisher of my faith, I still wouldn’t be ready for my blessings.
Even though I know God has me, even though I know that He is a provider, protector and restorer, it didn’t really hit home until He blessed me even in my unpreparedness. Through my process I thought about the steps that it takes to get ready for your blessings.
Here are the five steps to preparing yourself for what He has for you:
- Pray and be specific when you speak to God. And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. (1 John 5: 14-15 NLT)
- Write the vision and make it plan. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that read it. (Habukkuk 2:2 KJV)
- Have faith and believe that God has your best interest at heart. Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”(Mark 11: 22-25 NLT)
- Claim what’s yours, even when you can’t see it. Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrew 11:1 NLT)
- Prepare for what God has for you. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. (Matthew 24:44 NLT) But while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. (Matthew 25:10 NLT)
Thank You for being a prayer answering God. Thank You, God, for not giving up on me even when I tried to give up. Thank You for teaching me that there is a process for being ready for all that You have for me. Please continue to guide my steps and look at my heart. God, continue to mold me into the God-fearing, faithful, confident, tenacious woman that You want me to be. Continue to prepare me so that I am ready. Continue to show me glimpses of my future. In Jesus, Name, Amen!
Women of God, I EMPOWER you to step out of your comfort zone and prepare for your blessings. Begin your preparation now for whatever you have asked and believed God for. Make sure when you receive your blessings that you are ready and you have completed the process. Ladies, remember that God is nothing short of amazing and He is preparing you for better. Ask yourself the next time you pray for supernatural blessings, “Am I ready?” If you don’t think you are ready, get ready!
Ladies, take a moment and share how you are preparing for your blessings in the comment section below.
Read a related EmpowerMoment: I Am Not Ready!
Mrs. Keviyona Ray is an ordained minister and co-pastor in training of The Christ For All People International Church. She is passionate about sharing the word of God with everyone she encounters. As a professional, Keviyona is a teacher for Chicago Public Schools. She loves her ministry of teaching and changing children’s lives. She is a devoted wife and mother of a wonderful daughter. Two of her favorite scriptures are Jeremiah 1: 5: “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations” and Proverbs 29:18: “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.